Supporting American Manufacturing
FortunatoHutchinson directly invests equity and convertible debt in mid-sized U.S. manufacturing companies. We take preferred controlling positions at fair valuations, but always venture with prior owners to jointly develop the company. We will not execute a complete buyout.
We are seeking investments in:
- Privately held manufacturing businesses with annual revenues of $10-$150 million.
- The business does not need to be profitable or cash flowing, but must have a clear path to profitability within 18 months.
- Small number of shareholders (or LLC members) and simple capital structure.
- Although we give first preference to financially strong companies, we will also consider opportunities where the company requires financial restructuring, is considering bankruptcy, in Chapter 11 (Debtor-in-Possession), or under an Assignment for the Benefit of Creditors.
- Long operating history (minimum 10 years).
- Based in California (first preference) or Western U.S. (second preference).
- Preferred industry verticals:
- Clean Energy
- Food and Beverage
- Consumer Products
- Industrial Equipment